Cookies on The Girls’ Brigade England & Wales website
Session identifier (GBEW Trading Ltd webshop site)
The Girls’ Brigade England & Wales is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Girls’ Brigade England & Wales may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
● Name and job title
● Contact information including email address
● Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
● Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
● Internal record keeping
● We may use the information to improve our products and services
● We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
● From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We're committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we can't be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● Whenever you're asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you don't want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● If you've previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we’re holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
GB Europe has published an updated 2017 edition of its Working with Young People with Additional Needs resource - and it's free for you to download.
Congratulations to Jenny Chance on her 50 years' service to GB.Read more
The #WeAreGB125 tour continues its journey across the GB regions, recently visiting Durham, Southport, and Reading.Read more